“The conference was the ultimate way to network and meet the millennials that can change the future.” – Kenny Nguyen
CEO and Founder of Big Fish Presentations, Kenny Nguyen, received the 2012 College Entrepreneur of the Year Award while attending the Collegiate Entrepreneur Organization (CEO) National Conference on November 3, 2012 in Chicago, Illinois. The conference was held throughout the weekend at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place. Nguyen was asked to attend the conference as a breakout session speaker and student mentor. The conference was a very rewarding and learning experience for Nguyen, and he states that he could not have made it this far without 5 essential things..
1) Team – I never wanted to be the smartest guy in the room. I strive to be a leader of leaders. I truly believe our team contains some of the most creative talent, and I couldn’t do this without them. Always hire the best!
2) Passion – You have to love what you do. Passion drives my sleep-deprived body to work every morning. Passion helps keep things growing.
3) Focus – Focus helps Big Fish to stay within our niche. Presentations are unique. We want to defend and conquer our niche service.
4) Documenting Systems and Processes – Doing this hels record what works for the company and what doesn’t. Documenting also helps scaling a service based company, which makes it easier as we grow when training new sales people, account managers and designers.
5) Priorities – We keep 5 top goals for every quarter, six months, and year. Every employee then has their top 5 personal goals that relates to the 5 team goals. If they achieve their goals, we reward our employees with a bonus. Doing this helps to maintain a motivational and driven office environment.
Watch Kenny’s entry for the CEO of the Year Award.